Fish Finding Game
Learn about echolocation in this fish finding game. One person will be a dolphin and will hunt for fish, played by other people.
Here’s what you need
- 8-10 people
- A blindfold*
*If don’t have a blind fold, you can just close your eyes. No peaking!
Here’s how to play
- Have one person be the dolphin, four people will be objects and three will be fish.
- The dolphin will wear the blindfold (or keep their eyes closed)
- Objects are to lay, sit or stand in one place
- Fish move around slowly winding in and out of objects
- The dolphin tries to locate a fish.
- The dolphin makes a noise, “beep” and any object or fish in front of the dolphin is required to respond
- objects will say, “object”, and
- Fish will say, “fish”
- Once the dolphin touches a fish
- The tagged fish becomes the dolphin
- The objects and fish switch
Now try this:
- Have the dolphin beep continuously. Does this make it easier to find the fish?
Other things to try:
- If the dolphin is having trouble locating fish or if the fish are misbehaving, have the fish move one step per beep or simply have them stand still