Enjoy hands-on experiments!
Learn about career opportunities!
Earn a special ASA Listen Up patch!
ASA offers this special science of sound workshop for Girl Scouts ages 12-17, for free during Spring and Fall meetings of the Society. ASA also provides a pizza dinner, since the workshop takes place in the evening.
During the session, interactive acoustic demonstrations are presented by ASA members to Girl Scouts. Girl Scouts will also meet researchers and professionals and learn about careers in acoustics.
During the week of May 7-11, 2018
The Hyatt Regency Minneapolis at 1300 Nicollet Mall, Minneapolis, MN 55403
You must register to attend.
Check the frequently asked question section for more information.
Registration Not Available. Please Check Back Later.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register to attend?
In order to attend, you must register. For Girl Scouts, you will need to provide the troop number.
Please check back here for registration information for future Listen Up and Get Involved Workshops.
Can a parent go with their child?
Parents, troop leaders and other guardians can bring children to the workshop.
Is this a drop off event?
My Girl Scouts don't meet the age requirement. Can they still attend?
Can I bring a child who is not a Girl Scout?
Yes, you may bring any child between 10-17 who is interested in learning about the science of sound!
Is this event for girls only?
How much does the workshop cost?
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the ASA Education and Outreach Coordinator, Keeta Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASA works closely with local Girl Scout Councils to organize these workshops. Please check back here for registration information for future Listen Up and Get Involved Workshops.
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, 7-11 May 2018
- Victoria, Canada, 5-9 Nov 2018
- Louisville, Kentucky, 13-17 May 2019
- San Diego, California, 30 Nov-6 Dec 2019
- Chicago, Illinois, 11 – 15 May 2020
- Cancun, Mexico, Fall 2020
- Kansas City, Montana, Oct 2012
- Montreal, Canada – Girl Guides, June 2013
- San Francisco, California, Dec 2013
- Providence, Rhode Island, May 2014
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 2015
- Salt Lake City, Utah, May 2016
- Boston, Massachusetts, June 2017
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Dec 2017