Wine Glass Music
Learn about resonance and make wine glass music with glasses and water. A wine glass resonates at a specific pitch or note. You can change the pitch that you hear by adjusting the amount of water in the glass. You can even use the vibrations to move an object!
What you need
- At least two wine glasses
Here’s what you do
- Wet your fingers and rub them gently around the rim of the glass until you hear a sound
- Add water to make the glass resonate at a lower pitch
- Pour water out to make the glass resonate at a higher pitch
- Try different sizes or shapes of wine glasses
Once you’ve mastered the art of making the wine glasses sing, try this!
Learn more about the science of wine glass music here!