Enjoy hands-on experiments!
Learn about career opportunities!
Earn a special ASA Listen Up patch!
ASA offers this special science of sound workshop for kids ages 12-17, for free during Spring and Fall meetings of the Society. ASA also provides a pizza dinner, since the workshop takes place in the evening.
During the session, interactive acoustic demonstrations are presented by ASA members to kids. The kids will also meet researchers and professionals and learn about careers in acoustics.
Week of December 8-12, 2020 (Date will be announced.)
5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile, Chicago, Illinois USA
Registration will be required. SPACE IS LIMITED
Check the frequently asked question section for more information.
If you would like to be added to the waiting list to be contacted if spaces become available, please contact Keeta Jones at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to register to attend?
In order to attend, you must register. SPACE IS LIMITED. Please check back here for registration information for future Listen Up and Get Involved Workshops.
Can a parent go with their child?
Is this a drop off event?
My kids don't meet the age requirement. Can they still attend?
All kids, ages 10-17, will have a great time at the workshop and are welcome to attend.
Can I bring a child who is not a Girl Scout or Girl Guide?
Yes, you may bring any child between 10-17 who is interested in learning about the science of sound!
Is this event for girls only?
Any children, including boys, between the ages of 10-17 can attend.
How much does the workshop cost?
The workshop is free! Be advised that you may need to pay for parking at the event location.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
If you have any questions, feel free to contact the ASA Education and Outreach Coordinator, Keeta Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Future ASA Meetings
- Cancun, Mexico, 9 – 13 Nov 2020
- Seattle, Washington, 7 – 11 June 2021
- Sydney, Australia, 6 – 10 Dec 2021
- Denver, Colorado, 23 – 27 May 2022
- Kansas City, Montana, Oct 2012
- Montreal, Canada – Girl Guides, June 2013
- San Francisco, California, Dec 2013
- Providence, Rhode Island, May 2014
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 2015
- Salt Lake City, Utah, May 2016
- Boston, Massachusetts, June 2017
- New Orleans, Louisiana, Dec 2017
- Minneapolis, Minnesota, May 2018
- Victoria, Canada – Girl Guides, Nov 2018